Thursday 4 February 2010

From The Land Of Smog

Passed to me by fellow hip-hop fan Ronathon, here is an exclusive download for the UK hip-hop heads from Teesside emcee BLUNT.

I've always written rhymes myself but with my unapologetic north-east accent never really got anything recorded as I never thought it would ever translate into success. However, this silly notion has been blown out of the water by fellow north-east success stories such as Stig Of The Dump for example. BLUNT is another from the area below Hadrian's Wall to put his pen to paper and drop a great LP.

Having no history on the man, I was going into the listening process blind, but was pleasantly surprised with the flow and the beat selection. As soon as I started 'Lyrical Venting' and I heard 9th Wonder's 'Dollarz Circulate' beat from his J.U.S.T.U.S. League beat tapes from back in the day I knew it was going to be a good experience.

Kick back, light one up and enjoy.



BLUNT - Allow Me To Be....BLUNT! (2010)

1. Lyrical Venting
2. An Ode To Skunk
3. Bitches
4. C.H.A.V.S.
5. Lyrical Venting Part II
6. Recurring Dreams
7. Underground King (Freeverse)
8. Bitches Part II (Sloppy Seconds)
9. Deeper Underground
10. Mic Check

For more, check out his Myspace Page:

www.myspace.com/boroBLUNT69

No comments: