Tuesday 12 June 2007

Welcome to the North

So here we are, a new frontier.

I am the Northern Author. Some may know me as Adam, others just may now me as that idiot with a beard and long hair that walks about Huddersfield with a bemused stare. Either way, this is my new blog.

I already have a live space called Gangsta Jackanory which I update regularly, and will continue to do so, and that is just random b****cks that I come up with on the spot. This one, however, will be more focused.

'Northern Author' is essentially a music blog that will cover hip-hop music. I have created it so I can share some of my more obscure music with other people, and give my opinions on everything from a certain album to the state of music as a whole. Hopefully I can educate some people on hip-hop, and hopefully others can visit here and return the favour.

I stress that I will NOT be uploading hundreds of music albums for no reason other than to share them, as I believe that this practice that has plagued blogs is only damaging the music industry, and all of the artists within it. What I will be doing, however, is uploading the odd album or two, and many single songs, and sharing my opinions and review of said music. I will also write some articles on music and focus on certain artists to maybe try and promote their music a bit more, as I think they deserve it.

This is not a site to find your most current pop album. I will not be posting up any 50 Cent rubbish on this site. Oh no. This is for real hip-hop music. The stuff created in dingy studios in Doncaster at 4am in the morning. OK, maybe not that underground, but you get the point.

I welcome any comments, whether they agree or disagree with me, as I will definitely be stating my opinion on the music I upload, as well as some artists that don't sit well with me. For all intensive purposes, this is my own page to express myself about the music that I love. HIP-HOP.

Now let's get on with the show...

1 comment:

The Dude said...

Nice blog fam, agree for exchanging links with you

( http://drunken-style.blogspot.com/ )

or take my hotmail adress : funky_jo_z@hotmail.fr